Independent and Trusted Standards Development Organization
- over 170 Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) related standards and guidelines.
- standards developed by multi-stakeholder committees of experts, representing: workers, industry, government and safety organizations.
- more than 700 expert volunteers in CSA’s OHS area, serving on over 50 Technical Committees.
Standards & So Much More
- CSA delivers a full suite of products and services that help frontline workers, managers and safety professionals improve health and safety in the workplace.
- We are one of the leading providers of training, conferences, information and knowledge on OHS standards.
Each year about 1,000 Canadians die as a result of work-related injuries and diseases. Hundreds of thousands of workers sustain serious injuries.
That’s both a personal tragedy and a heavy toll on business. Increasingly, organizations are making workplace safety a priority.
How can CSA help?
- CSA OHS standards, guidelines, tools and other resources provide information, insight and ideas to help you improve OHS performance.
- Some CSA standards are referenced in federal or provincial legislation; by complying with them, your organization can meet regulatory obligations in certain jurisdictions.
- CSA’s comprehensive training and educational tools help you understand OHS standards and put them into practice.